Radius cares for your personal information and takes your privacy seriously. We, in Radius, are committed to ensuring that your personal information is protected from collection to disposal.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We collect your personal data in the course of, or incidental to the conduct of, our business with you. These data include any other information you voluntarily provide for any legitimate purpose declared at point of collection as well as those we collect from publicly available sources, and from third parties and from other sources where the disclosure was subject of a separate consent or was otherwise lawfully permitted.
A. From prospective and existing customers, including customers with terminated services:
1. Information you provide us when you apply for our service, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, Tax Identification Number (TIN), evidence of business and tax registration, Special Power of Attorney (SPA), and, if applicable, details of your authorized representative;
2. Billing and payment information used to pay for the services, such as your banking information;
3. Information you fill out in any form on our website, such as, when you wish to contact us to lodge your concerns, to register at our customer portal, to avail of our on-line application, outage notifications, and billing and/or payment services;
4. Information you give us when you communicate with Radius and/or any of our representatives (e.g., technical personnel, relationship managers, etc.), such as with respect to inquiries and complaint details on the service;
5. Responses you or your representative provide when you participate in our customer surveys;
6. Information you provide for customer verification and credit evaluation purposes (i.e. to avail of zero-rated VAT transactions), such as photocopies of a valid/government-issued identification card or foreign passport, and your unique customer account number from our affiliate companies, including but not limited to the Manila Electric Company;
B. From prospective, active, and separated employees:
1. Information you submit when you apply for work at Radius, including what is contained in your resume or curriculum vitae and application form (e.g., work references);
2. Information we collect during the processing of your application, such as testing results, employment offer, results of character investigation, and pre-employment medical assessment;
3. Information we collect and maintain about you during your employment, such as your payroll information, including but not limited to government mandated and third party remittances like Social Security System (SSS), Philhealth, and Pag-ibig contributions, taxes, bank account
information; wages; entitlements and benefits; health and welfare benefits; medical and dental care records; beneficiary and emergency contact information; training and certifications, performance evaluation; sanctions; employment changes/work history;
4. Information we retain about you even after your separation from service, such as beneficiaries, and contact information;
C. From vendors, suppliers, or contractors
1. Information we collect when you apply for accreditation, and/or for processing of payments, such as, your name, TIN, address, contact details, educational attainment, work experience, and banking information;
2. Information we collect and maintain about you and your employees in relation to the preparation, execution, or fulfilment of your contract with us; and
3. Information that your employees submit to have access to, or perform your services or deliver your products within, the premises of the Company.
D. From visitors
1. Information we collect when you enter our premises such as your name, address, vehicle type and plate number or conduction sticker number, and identification card details;
2. Information captured by our close circuit television (CCTV) installed in our premises including entrance and exit points.
E. From Other Pertinent Third Parties
1. Information we collect from third parties by virtue of a legal claim or demand, such as claims filed by or against third parties, claims in relation to damage to company property, or in connection with our services, programs and events;
2. Information we collect from our business partners pursuant to a potential or existing transaction;
3. Information provided to us by government agencies, regulators or public officers and employees in the performance of their lawfully mandated duties;
4. In general, information collected or provided relating to our business.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We store, process, and/or analyze the personal data collected for some legitimate purpose, related or incidental to the conduct of our business, including maintaining safety and security within the Company premises. Specifically, we may store, process, and/or analyze your personal data for the following and any other legitimate purposes:
A. For our prospective and existing customers
1. To evaluate your application for our various products and services;
2. To provide you services and perform our contractual obligations to you. We process your personal data to provide you our products and services, manage your account with us, and perform our obligations under the contract.
3. With your consent, to improve our core services, our website, and other ancillary services that we provide in order for us to improve your experience as our customer. We also process your personal data to respond to your inquiry, concern, or complaint; to provide you information about our programs, service offerings, and any other programs or promos that may be of interest to you; and, to send you messages related to your services; This includes verifying your identity when you access your account through the various customer engagement channels (e.g., email, website, phone call, walk-in).
4. To understand and address your needs and preferences and with your consent, to improve our products and services as well as our business and operations. So we can serve you better, we process your data to understand your needs and preferences by analyzing your use of our products and services, your participation in our surveys and research activities, and your browsing behavior in our mobile applications and websites; and
5. To verify the personal data you provided in our application forms based on information that you previously provided with our affiliate companies either by cross-referencing the same with the personal data linked with your unique customer account number in Meralco, also known as the Meralco CAN, or through your data portability request, both of which upon your freely given and informed consent, as well as use your payment performance derived from the Meralco CAN as basis for credit evaluation.
6. To provide you information regarding Radius' services as part of our cross-marketing initiatives, or following the expansion of the availability of our services in your area (i.e. gathering leads for RED Fiber Internet Service).
B. For our prospective, active, and separated employees
1. To handle your application for employment or training. We process your personal data to evaluate your eligibility for employment or training. This includes verification of your qualifications, employment history, and character references (background checking).
2. To manage and nurture our employer-employee relationship. For example, we process your data to maintain your employment records, including contact information; administer your pay, statutory deductions, entitlements, and benefits; comply with applicable statutory, legal, and regulatory requirements and submissions; conduct performance reviews and rewards; establish appropriate training and/or developmental interventions; administer disciplinary actions and sanctions; process employee work-related claims (e.g. worker compensation, insurance claims, etc.); and developing health and wellness programs.
3. To maintain our post-employment relationship. We process your data to administer retiree eligibilities and other benefits.
C. For our vendors, suppliers, or contractors
1. To create business relationship with you. We process your personal data to evaluate your application for accreditation or continued engagement.
2. To conduct business with you. We process your data to enforce our legal and contractual obligations including evaluation or audit of your products or services, payment of your invoices for goods or services delivered or rendered and enabling us to pay you in various payment methods and responding to your questions, comments, and feedback or informing you about our requirements, programs, or advisories by letter, e-mail, telephone, or other media for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, database records management. Your data may also be processed to comply with statutory, legal, and regulatory requirements related to our business.
3. To maintain your account with us and establish potential business relationship with our partners. We maintain and update your vendor account information and establish details of your authorized contact persons for the goods and/or services you supply. We may also process your data for procurement synergy initiatives, including referring you as a potential vendor to our parent company, its subsidiaries, affiliates and other business partners.
D. For our visitors
1. To monitor and/or control your entrance to, or exit from, and activities within, our premises. We process your personal data to facilitate your ingress to and egress from our premises, offices, and facilities, including your vehicles or materials, such as verification of your identity and recording the purpose of your visit. We also monitor your location and activities inside the company premises, including ingress and egress of equipment, vehicle, and materials;
2. To enforce safety and security measures and procedures. This includes conducting investigations, and imposing sanctions in case of violations of Company policies and security and safety procedures or commission of crimes.
E. For Other Pertinent Third Parties
1. To file and/or prosecute a legal claim or defend the Company, its officers, employees, and representatives against a demand;
2. To pursue a potential or existing transaction;
3. To comply with our legal, regulatory, or contractual obligations;
4. To assist public authorities in their government programs and initiatives;
5. In general, to facilitate the performance of our services, implement our programs or events or conduct our business operations.
DATA DISCLOSURE AND SHARING
We restrict the disclosure, including cross-border transfer, and processing of your personal data to our employees and trusted third parties, e.g. authorized representatives, consultants, trainees, contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, business partners, and government entities, on a need-to-know basis to carry out their responsibilities in relation to the conduct of our business.
A. Employees, Authorized Representatives, Trainees, and Consultants
We ensure that our employees commit to observe the privacy policies of the Company. We require our Authorized Representatives and Consultants to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA), to ensure that they process your data confidentially in a manner consistent with the purpose of their employment or engagement.
B. Contractors, Subsidiaries, and Business Partners, including Auditors
We require our contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, and business partners, through a Data Processing Outsourcing and/or Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA), to secure and keep your data confidential. We take your privacy seriously so punitive or legal action will be initiated in case of proven misdeed. Moreover, we do not allow our contractors, subsidiaries, and business partners to disclose or share your data to others, or to use it for their own purposes, without your consent.
C. Government entities
Your information may also be disclosed to government entities pursuant to and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, subpoena or court order.
Unless you provide specific consent or except in instances allowed under the Data Privacy Act, we will not:
1. Share your personal data with our business partners and other third parties for their own commercial purpose or benefit;
2. Use your personal data to enable third-party targeted advertisements which are not related to our business or those of our parent company, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Your information may also be disclosed to government entities pursuant to and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, subpoena, or court order.
We are committed to ensure that your information is secure. Radius shall undertake and implement reasonable organizational, physical, and technical security measures in collecting, receiving, transmitting, storing, and disposing your personal information.
For an enhanced online experience, our services are available through compatible devices, such as laptops, personal computers (PC), tablets, and mobile phones. For your added security, we recommend that you install anti-virus software on any such device before accessing the internet.
You are responsible for the security of your information once it reaches you or your representative in any medium, including but not limited to written correspondences, bills, emails, and system applications. You should take appropriate measures to ensure that any medium or device you use to monitor or manage your account is secure and not accessible to anyone without permission.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
A cookie is a small file, which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and with your consent, improve our website to enhance your browsing experience. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
We receive and store certain types of information (such as the amount of time you spend on the site and the number of views you made on each page, the IP address of your device, and the browser and operating system that you are using) when you interact with our website, mobile website, emails, and online advertising to monitor proper functionality, determine areas for continuous improvement and to support website requirements. This information is gathered automatically, temporarily stored in log files, and removed from the system at a certain point.
Your personal information may be collected by our logging processes in case of logical and physical access to our systems and/or premises. When necessary, personal information may be retrieved for security purposes.
PERSONAL DATA RETENTION AND DISPOSAL
We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary:
a. For the fulfillment of the declared, specified, and legitimate purposes provided above, or when the processing relevant to the purpose has been completed or terminated;
b. For the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims; or
c. For other business purposes, that are consistent with standards established or approved by regulatory agencies governing RADIUS
Thereafter, your personal data shall be disposed or discarded in a secure manner that would prevent further processing, unauthorized access, or disclosure to any other party or the public.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request for a copy of your personal information in our possession, or have it corrected if you believe that it is inaccurate or incomplete.
If you wish to request for a copy of your personal data, or have it corrected or deleted, please reach out to us through our contact information found below. We will promptly respond to your request.
Data Privacy Officer
Tel. No.: (+63 2) 8988.5600
Office: 12F Tower 2 Rockwell Business Center, Meralco Compound, Ortigas Avenue, Pasig City
CHANGES TO POLICY